CISSP (Latest CBK - 2021)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification is the most globally recognized certification in the market. CISSP validates an information security professional’s deep technical and managerial knowledge and experience to effectively design, engineer, and manage the overall security posture of an organization. The broad spectrum of topics included in the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) ensures its relevancy across all disciplines in the field of information security.
Eligibility for CISSP certification
The CISSP certification is the most widely recognized professional requirement in IT security. Those in their careers, such as security consultants and managers, IT directors and managers, security auditors and architects, security system engineers, CIOs, and network architects, are the ideal candidates for this CISSP certification.
Pre-requisites for CISSP certification
A learner's prerequisite is either a high school diploma or an undergraduate degree. a minimum of five years of experience working as a professional full-time in two or more of the eight CISSP - (ISC)2 CBK 2021 domains. The (ISC)2 associate title will be given to a qualified person with fewer than five years of experience.
See our tutorial on how to become a CISSP on our learning portal. It is a must-watch for anyone serious about passing this exam:http://cccure.training/tutorials/CISSP2018/intro/presentation_html5.html
Successful candidates are competent in the following eight domains:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Architecture and Engineering
- Communications and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
See the percentage (weight) of each of the domains on the graphic further down below.
CISSP Examination Information for the English language test
The new Computerized Adaptive Test, better known as CAT, is used for the English language exam.
Length of CiSSP Exam
- 4 hours
CISSP exam time
- Number of questions 125 to 175 questions maximum
- Question format Multiple choice and advanced innovative questions
- Passing grade 700 out of 1000 points
Exam Availability for CISSP exam
- English is the only supported language for the CAT exam.
CISSP Testing center
- You can take the exam at your local Pearson VUE Testing Center
CISSP Examination Information for languages other than English.
Languages other than English will take the linear exam instead of the CAT exam.
Length of exam - 6 hours
Number of questions in CISSP examination - 250
Question format Multiple choices and advanced innovative questions
The passing grade for the CISSP examination - 700 out of 1000 points
In which languages is CISSP Exam available: French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
Where can you take the exam: You can take the exam at your local Pearson VUE Testing Center.
FAQ about CISSP (Latest CBK - 2021)
- How do I become a CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional?
- To qualify for the CISSP certification, you must:
1. have at least five years of experience in at least two of the eight CBK domains.
2. Pass the CISSP examination.
3. finish the endorsement process and reaffirm your commitment to the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics;
4. CPE (continuing professional education) credits can be used to keep your isc2 certifications valid.
- What are the prerequisites for CISSP certification?
- Professionals who desire credibility and mobility to grow in their existing Information Security positions should enroll in this CISSP training. You must have at least five years of recent, full-time professional job experience in two or more of the eight domains of the CISSP - CBK 2021 to be eligible for the ISC2 CISSP certification. Suppose you need more than the necessary five years of experience. In that case, you will be given the ISC2 associate title, which will be replaced with the CISSP certificate after you acquire and submit documentation of your experience.
- What is the passing score for the CISSP Certification exam?
- The CISSP Certification exam has a 700 minimum passing score.
- How do I fill out and submit the CISSP application form online?
- Follow the required steps -
- Credentials review exam availability.
- Create an account on the Pearson VUE website, review the NDA, and then visit.
- Choose the test center that is closest to you.
- Pick a time for the appointment.
- Pay for the exam.
- Credentials review exam availability.